Can we talk about the massive heat wave DC is experiencing right now? Seriously, you guys, it’s awful. Call me a whiner, but this humidity is unbearable. It’s only at 41% today, but it might as well be 100%. This west coast girl is just not prepared for this kind of weather. Many people in the area lost power in a freak thunder and lightning storm Friday night, and were forced to relocate temporarily until their power returned. I haven’t heard much about the status of these power outages, but if you were affected, I hope you have your power back by now!
When it gets like this, no bake desserts become so necessary. Firing up my oven turns my studio apartment into a sweat box, even with the air conditioning blasting. The particular dessert has creamy peanut butter (CoCo Bananas PB Crave to be exact), coconut, a bit of maple syrup for sweetness, and chocolate protein powder (which essentially makes this dessert a health food, in my book).
You can always use regular old creamy peanut butter, but PB Crave takes this dessert to a whole other level. The hint of banana adds another level of flavor depth to this no-bake bar. I’m sure it would taste equally great with any of their other flavors as well. You could also sub the peanut butter for another nut butter (i.e. almond or cashew butter) to make it paleo-friendly.
|No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Protein Bars||
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used PB Crave CoCo Bananas)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup in a medium saucepan, and melt over low heat, about two minutes.
- Stir in protein powder and coconut while mixture is still warm.
- Remove mixture from heat, and pour into baking dish (mixture may not fill entire dish).
- Refrigerate at least one hour (or freeze for 15 min) until firm.
- Cut and serve, yields about 16 small bars.
vegan and gluten free
Thank goodness for weekend manicures!
If you liked this, check out these other awesome recipes that would work fantastically with some PB Crave:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies from Chip Chip Hooray
- Reeses Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Cookies and Cups
- Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Bread from How Sweet It Is
- Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies from Sally’s Baking Addiction
As a disclaimer, I received no compensation from PB Crave for my review of their product. I purchased the product myself and all opinions are my own.