Phew, that recipe title is a mouthful.
That mouthful of a recipe title fits though, because you need to take a mouthful of this dip! While the flavor combination might seem strange to some, it really works well together. So go ahead and give it a try, I promise it won’t disappoint.
This dip is my entry in the Tomato Love Recipe Exchange hosted by Ali & Cassie of Gimme Some Oven and Bake Your Day. This week focuses on tomato dips and spreads, and with my new-found love of tomatoes, I wanted to make sure I showed some tomato love with at least one entry in this recipe exchange.
Come share in the tomato love at the Tomato Love Recipe Exchange, hosted by Gimme Some Oven & Bake Your Day, sponsored this week by Cuisinart. Also visit Recipe for Change to learn more about how to support tomato farmers.
|Sun Dried Tomato + Roasted Red Pepper Pistachio Dip||
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (the actual dry kind, not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- Yields about a cup of dip.
My dip turned out saltier than I would have liked because I used salted pistachios. I’d recommend using unsalted pistachios and adding salt to taste.
My food processor is also very small, so feel free to double or triple the recipe to make more dip!