Would you believe me if I told you that this dip tastes exactly like sugar cookie dough, and it’s healthy?
My hope is that you won’t, because it really is that good. This nut butter is a sugar cookie dough lovers’ dream. It’s perfectly sweet and creamy, with only a teaspoon of added (natural) sugar! Best of all, it’s only seven ingredients and can be mixed up in your food processor in a short ten minutes.
devoured taste-tested a few tablespoons, I chose to slather mine over a piece of Ezekiel toast with raspberry jam. The uses for this “cookie dough” are endless, just use your imagination. I’m already thinking of how I can include it in other recipes (these cupcakes are calling my name) and adapt it into other flavors of cookie butter.
If you make one recipe from my blog, make this sugar cookie butter – right. this. second!
|Sugar Cookie Butter||
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup banana chips
- 1 tsp raw (or regular) honey
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4+ tsp coconut oil
- Combine cashews and banana chips in food processor for 8-10 minutes until nut butter consistency is reached, scraping down the sides as necessary. For a great tutorial on homemade nut butter, go here. I stopped my food processor when the cashew/banana mixture was in a gritty state.
- Add in honey, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and baking soda and process until combined.
- Add in coconut oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. I added in about 4 teaspoons. This amount got me a thicker nut butter that had a cookie dough-like consistency, so feel free to add more.
- Yields about a cup of sugar cookie butter. Lasts for up to one week at room temperature in an airtight container.