Orange Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you’re looking for a dessert for your next holiday party, this is definitely the one. If you’re also looking to bake as a form of procrastination, this cake is right up your alley.
Since I have to jump right back into
procrastinating studying, I’ll just leave you with a few more pretty pictures and a recipe.
Orange Gingerbread Cake
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp white whole white flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" round pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together grapeseed oil, eggs, and sugar until fully combined. Stir in molasses, honey, and orange zest.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully combined. Add warm water and fold together until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into pan (should be about 3/4 full) and bake for 35-40 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan before frosting.
- Once cooled, frost cake using this recipe from Joy the Baker. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
To find out more about Sundays with Joy and join in on the weekly baking fun, click here.